The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program, comprised of the Science and Technology (S&T) Directorate’s SBIR Program and the Domestic Nuclear Detection Office’s (DNDO) have released an SBIR on homeland security‐related areas. The solicitation number is HSHQDC-17-R-00010.
DHS S&T Directorate topics include the following:
- H‐SB017.1‐001 – Enhanced Agent Situational Awareness in Dismounted, Low Light/Adverse Conditions
- H-SB017.1-003 – Do Not Spoof Services for Modern Telephony
- H-SB017.1-004 – Identity Verification & Validation for Mobile Networks Authentication Enhancement
- H-SB016.1-005 – Blockchain Applications for Homeland Security Missions
- H-SB017.1-006 – Wearable Chemical Sensor Badge
- H-SB017.1-007 – Over-the-air Authentication Technology for Messaging via Emergency Alerts
DNDO topics include the following:
- H-SB017.1-008 – Accelerated Crystal-Size Scale-Up Development of Thallium-based, High Efficiency, Dual or Tri-Mode Elpasolite Scintillator
- H-SB017.1-009 – Unattended Radiation Detection System
Proposals can be for up to $100,000 and 6 months in duration. Proposals are due January 18, 2017.